Did you know that Bergen Medical Associates is recognized as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) by the National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA)? So what does that mean? Combining the skills of excellent primary care providers and specialists, we are focused on our patients and their comprehensive and coordinated care that is accessible and safe.
As a Patient-Centered Medical Home practice, we:
- Treat patients with respect, dignity, and compassion.
- Foster strong, trusting professional relationships between practitioners, staff, and patients.
- Offer team-based care that promotes accessibility and transparency.
- Encourage clear communication between members of medical teams and their patients.
- Help provide the right care at the right time and in the right place to address patients’ needs.
- Use state-of-the-art information technology to streamline patient care, facilitate good communication between members of a medical team, and help ensure patient safety.
- Utilize a secure system for electronic health records that allows providers to access a patient’s records from anywhere.
- Have extended office hours and offer flexible scheduling to accommodate patients’ needs.
- Provide a secure Patient Portal where patients can review medications, allergies, immunizations and other health information.
We believe that the partnership between practitioners, patients, and their families ensures that decisions respect patients’ wants, needs, and preferences.