Ensuring your safety as we re-open to elective endoscopic procedures
As part of the State-wide phased reopening plan outlined by Governor Murphy, which now permits important elective medical and surgical procedures, Bergen Medical Associates is now scheduling both urgent and elective procedures including colonoscopies and endoscopies, here in our Emerson Ambulatory Surgical Center. This will enable us to provide those patients who have waited for their GI Procedures during the past few months, with the services they need.
The Department of Health has issued specific and thorough safety and infection-prevention guidelines for ambulatory surgery and endoscopy centers to begin resuming elective procedures, and rest assured, Bergen Medical Associates is 100% compliant.
We have implemented and adhere to the following guidelines:
- Comply with state and CDC guidelines to protect against further spread of COVID-19
- Institute screening of staff for symptoms of COVID-19
- Enforce social distancing requirements in work and common areas
- Require masks for patients
- Provide enhanced protective equipment for staff and patients, minimizing transmission risks
- Have an established plan for cleaning and disinfection prior to using facilities to serve non-COVID patients
- Expanded the time between procedures to facilitate social distancing
- All endoscopy-center patients will obtain COVID-19 testing prior to procedures and those who show a positive result will not be permitted to enter the facility
We have created the safest environment possible for you, knowing your trust is in our hands.
Keeping you safe and healthy continues to be our top concern.
Please don’t delay receiving essential endoscopic screenings or seeing your provider for active health concerns that you may be experiencing.
We are available by telephone for questions and to schedule your procedures. Call 201-967-8221, ext. 493.