We are happy to report Bergen Medical Associates is taking steps to become more earth friendly, caring for the environment and ‘going green’ is a major concern.
We want to waste less, recycle more, and cut down on our water and energy usage.
As part of our green efforts, we educate our employees about the importance of going green.
Employee “Going Green” starters:
- We encourage all staff to use “real” mugs, glasses, dishes and cutlery rather than disposables.
- If using plastic disposable cutlery (either clean daily and reuse or take home to dispose of)
- Print one copy of memos and other inter-office documents and circulate them rather than printing off a separate copy for everyone.
- Save documents to a file instead of printing when feasible
- Use whiteboards and/or overhead projectors to display meeting agendas rather than printing and distributing them.
- Practice green procurement.
- Always turn off taps completely, ensuring that they don’t drip. Get continually running toilets fixed.
- Shut lights off
- When leaving your workstation always turn monitor off
Bergen Medical “Going Green” initiative:
- Purchasing of LED bulbs
- In bathroom replace c-fold towels with air dryers
- Purchase recycled paper
- Purchase environmentally friendly cleaning products
We ask that all employees take a step with us to perform the five R’s: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Repair and Rethink.
Bergen Medical Associates and the Environment thanks you!