Our physiatry department is led by Christine Roque-Dang, D.O.. She is an outstanding provider of non-operative care for orthopedic, spinal, neurological, and musculoskeletal conditions and sports medicine injuries. Dr. Roque-Dang is fellowship trained in interventional pain management, sports medicine, and musculoskeletal medicine. Her patient-centered and multi-disciplinary approach is focused on improving her patient’s function and quality of life with conservative treatments, including detailed and customized rehabilitation plans, selective injections, minimally invasive procedures, and equipment such as bracing.
Dr. Roque-Dang is trained in fluoroscopically-guided spine procedures (i.e. epidural steroid injections, facet joint injections, etc.) to treat pain associated with herniated discs, spine arthritis and spinal stenosis. She uses musculoskeletal ultrasound to evaluate and guide injections for a wide range of painful joint, tendon, ligament, nerve, and muscular disorders. Additionally, her expertise includes performance of electrodiagnostic studies (EMG/NCS) to pinpoint the cause of pain and nerve problems.
Dr. Roque-Dang’s specialties include:
- Diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of orthopedic, spinal, neurological, and musculoskeletal conditions and sports medicine injuries
- Pain management
- Customized rehabilitation planning, exercise prescription, and injury prevention
- Electrodiagnostic studies
- Fluoroscopically-guided interventional spine procedures
- Diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound and ultrasound-guided injections for painful joint, tendon, ligament, nerve, and muscle problems
- Regenerative medicine (i.e. platelet rich plasma injections)
- Orthotic (bracing) evaluation and prescription
- Holistic care – treat the whole person, not just the problem area